Monday, November 13, 2006

Modern Art


When I say modern art, I am not referring to Yves Klein, Monochrom Blue (IKB 181), 1956 as seen on the left. Rather I am referring to the previous post and comment by Wander within that post.

I find it interesting and exciting that technology has taken us into a different place in terms of art. Photography, film, and animation have come a long way in just the last few years, and it has done so in a way that even I can get into the mix.

Art in this context is using different medium to express thoughts or emotions, and technology has allowed me to do that. I have never really done well expressing myself with poetry or with drawings. On the other hand, I do feel like I can make a video or take a photograph, and then manipulate it in a way that allows me to get a point across - even if that point is just for me. I guess that would prove true of even this blog ... most of the time my posts are just to prove a point to myself.

1 comment:

Dutch said...

Sometimes I think the art is in the doing, and not so much the finished product. It's as Bruce Lee put it, "expressing oneself honestly."