Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tetsuo! Akira! - And other movie news...


Overall, I was a tad disappointed with how the X-Men movies turned out (not just because of the mischaracterization of Cyclops), but Hugh Jackman's casting as Wolverine and his portrayal of Logan actually was a pleasant surprise. And this promotional picture for the upcoming movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine just about floored me--how spot on is that? Word is they have quite a few cameos planned to make any comic book fan giggle with delight in the theaters including everyone's favorite Cajun Remy LeBeau aka Gambit.

Oh, and in other geek movie news, Leonardo DiCaprio apparently will be producing and starring in a live adaptation of Akira. I actually think DiCaprio is capable of some pretty classy work, so I'm thinking this may not suck at all, although I'm betting they change the names and places around--last I remember, Leo doesn't look anything like a Japanese kid. I'm still on the fence about Tobey Maguire as Rick Hunter in that Robotech adaptation, though.

No comments: