Monday, February 4, 2008

Mechwarrior: Living Legend



Microsoft still holds the rights to making Mechwarrior games. Even though it was the best selling video game franchise of the 1990's they currently have no inteerest in a new project. Some fans would shrug and go on with thier lives. Not Battletech fans! We never say die and rarely stop talking about it. A group of fans is currently creating a full conversion mod (basically making a whole new game out of another) using the engine from 2007 game of the year Crysis called Mechwarrior: Living Legend. Although the actual game is still an early build, I have been posting on thier forums and following the progress a year now. The team finally released the first real video showing off the incredible enviroments and some ground and aerotech action. It also has an assault on a grounded dropship that is right out of my most fevered Battletech dreams!

2 comments:

Dutch said...

At first I thought those were cut scenes, then I realized that was game play.

I'm going to need to wear a diaper when I play this game.

Swany said...

Still don't have a capable Windows-based computer to play such games. Sigh.