Monday, December 3, 2007

Mild football rant of the day...

Is it just me or has this entire wacky season ended up leading to a really boring roundup of BCS matchups?  Ohio State vs. LSU--yawn.  Have a system where they could have put Hawaii in that game, and I might get excited just for the chance of some Boise State-like creativeness like last year.  Instead, the only unbeaten team left gets left out of the national title game.  How is that fair?  Mizzou not only beat KU in the regular season, but also finished higher in the BCS ranking, yet the Orange Bowl gives their bid to the Jayhawks?  That's just a blatant crime.  


I don't know if a playoff is truly the answer, but this current system isn't any better than what they had in place before the BCS existed.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would agree with some of your ranting. I don't know why, ut I feel sort of ho-hum about the championship game as well, and there is a part of me that says even though I don't think Hawaii would win it they should be in the championship game because they haven't lost. I will say though that the Hawaii Georgia match up should still interest you though. Some people were saying that Georgia should have been playing for the championship (even though this can never happen because they didn't win their division). As far as Mizzou and KU ... well one could argue that their ranking in the polls that the BCS uses was a little off. I am just glad we got another Big 12 school in. Some think that Mizzou and KU should have been left out for Arizona State. That brings me to my last thought. TX vs Arizona State ... this match up doesn't scare me like some would have because I think we will lose this game pretty easily. The games that scare me are the ones we have a chance of winning.