Thursday, December 27, 2007

Insomnia is a terrible thing to waste...

A rare known fact: The director's cut of Way of the Dragon actually included this version of the famous showdown between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris before the director figured out that the choice language used wasn't for artistic purposes but because the musical supervisor had Tourette's.


Big NSFW warning for much profanity that had me laughing hysterically (of course, it's 2:00 AM and I'm feeling hysterical about now):


[from Best Week Ever]

On a side note, I'm always amazed in this fight sequence by how slow Chuck Norris, who I seem to think is a respectable martial artist, looks compared to Bruce Lee.

3 comments:

Dutch said...

Bruce Lee had to slow down his movements for the camera because when he went full speed, he blurred on film.

See if you can find an interview he did in the early sixties, when he was barely in his twenties. He's wearing a coat and tie, and the film is black and white. In that he does a little demonstration, and you can see what I'm typing about. He's so fast his movements are blurry.

Chuck Norris on the other hand has always looked slow to me. As for how he's a former world champ, my guess is that he has excellent timing and control of distance. Or maybe he REALLY slows down for the camera, but I doubt it.

Anonymous said...

You don't have to watch it at 2 am to laugh at the words. That was funny, and just like George Michael's Christmas song this one will be stuck in my head for a while.

Firecracker, you should go do some hunting for the video you are talking about and post it.

Dutch said...

Firecracker, you should go do some hunting for the video you are talking about and post it.

I thought about that, but I figured if the Pimp does so much surfing, I'd just get him to do it.

I think I have it on video tape. If I can figure out how to marry the two chronologically incompatible technologies, I'll post it.

But don't wait with baited breath for it, or you'll pass out.