Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Christmas

With Firecracker beating Swany to the punch on upcoming movie trivia, I thought I would go out and beat him to the punch on one of his other signature style posts - videos so crappy you can't turn away. Of course this isn't really beating him to the punch considering he recently posted a hideous choreographed fight scene. We will just pretend this video is like me clawing and ripping at his shirt.

A little background on this ... I have always enjoyed listening to Christmas music this time of year, but it wasn't until I moved to North Carolina that I heard this piece. What really gets me is that it sticks in your head once you have heard it. I dare you to listen to the whole thing. You will be singing it the rest of the day.


6 comments:

Dutch said...

I'm confused. Why is George Michael putting his arm around a woman?

Jan said...

I made the mistake of going to Alamo Drafthouse's Christmas sing-a-long last year. They had the worst videos for all the worst Christmas songs. Unforunately this song was stuck in my head all season afterwards.

Swany said...

Actually, it was the scorn of this woman and Andrew Ridgley stealing her away that made George Michael turn to men. Or maybe he was pining away for Andrew Ridgley through that whole video. Misdirection.

I think that video is a prime example of why we try and forget every styling cue that happened in the 80's.

And I see this video as an online challenge. You will soon be subjected to the worst video I can find. I might post it today, tomorrow, next week, next year--it will be a total shock and may come when you least expect it! Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Dutch said...

You posting bad videos is hardly a shock.

Anonymous said...

If you ever watch "How I Met Your Mother," then you would know what I mean when I say that your statement Swany is similar to the slap.

It is also good to know that I have posted something that has got the hair on your neck raised.

Swany said...

You must be talking about "Slapsgiving." But who's Barney in this scenario?

Oh, and another comment about the video. I was well familiar with this Wham! Christmas song before you posted it up. Is it bad that I watched it without any sound, yet still could sort of sing the entire song in my head?