Friday, December 7, 2007

I guess my model of the planets wouldn't have gotten too far in this science fair...

Most (or all) of the Kool-Aid Gang would probably admit that we're all just a dumb bunch of cavemen that keep out of trouble thanks to the intelligence and common sense of our better female halves. Perhaps girls are finally realizing their superior intellect, as well. For the first time in history, females took the top prize at the Siemens Competition in Math, Science, and Technology this year. Winning prizes by these super-smart ladies included "creating a molecule that helps block the reproduction of drug-resistant tuberculosis bacteria," "studies of bone growth in zebra fish, whose tail fins grow in spurts, similar to the way children’s bones do," and "research that identified genetic defects that could play a role in the development of Lou Gehrig’s disease."

Comparatively, the "research on combating jet lag" by the only male mentioned in the article sounded much less elegant.

Ugh! Ugh! (Caveman talk)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I considered pointing this out to my wife, but then I figured her response would just be something along the lines of ... "Females would have been winning these awards long ago if men weren't the ones judging the contests." Actually that is my response. She would probably be pretty excited.

Wander said...

How can girls compete in a semen competition?
Oh! Siemens,well that's different.

Swany said...

Nice, Wander. I can't believe I didn't think of that myself.

Dutch said...

Quantity held.