Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm wishing for a Quantum of Solace after hearing this garbage...

The new theme song for the next 007 film Quantum of Solace leaked out onto the Internet.  Jack White + Alicia Keys sounded theoretically promising.  Unfortunately, that is all it will be--this song sucks. What a waste of waa-waa horns. I don't know if the peformers are to blame or David Arnold who wrote this thing. Where's John Barry when you need him? 


Addendum:  Oh, I guess Jack White wrote and produced this whole thing.  It doesn't change my opinion.  It still doesn't work for a Bond flick.  

Luckily, the movie itself still looks likes it's going to kick ass!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would've been awesome if Alicia Keys wasn't involved. I like most of the Jack White stuff.

Dutch said...

I'm going to have to be the outsider here - I liked the song. Normally I'd say that White's wierd-ass, high-pitched voice (and I love the White Stripes and the Raconteurs) wouldn't work with a Bond song, but I think Alicia Keyes' beautiful voice actually compliments and allows his to work in the song.

I do agree that the movie looks bad ass. We might have to do an Alamo Draft House on this one, Swany.