Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm fine, thanks for asking - Oh, wait. That's right, you didn't.

A hurricaine blows through Houston leaving 4 million people without power and thousands without water (including me on Saturday) and only Wild Willie and Wander bother to contact me. I've been friends with you dicks since we were kids and this whole hurricaine-hits-Houston-Firecracker-George-lives-in-Houston connection doesn't click with the three of you.

You are all officially on the shit list. I had former bosses call and check on me.

5 comments:

Swany said...

Well, Wander replied to an email on Sunday saying you and your folks were without power and water, but alive and well. In my mode of logic, I decided calling you would have been a bad idea in case you were conserving cell phone battery juice for an emergency, and that you wouldn't want to hear my mumbling conversational voice anyway. I figured email wouldn't have worked either if you didn't have electricity. I even have an email Lemon wanted to forward to you, but haven't yet, 'cause I assumed you didn't have internet access.

Anywho, sorry if you feel like I wasn't thinking about you.

Dutch said...

Okay, Swany is off.

Wander said...

It's true. There were emails and I told them the whole hurricane thing was way overblown, and you just spent your water and electricity money on 40k minis. Was that wrong of me?

W.M. Scratch said...

God Outdoes Terrorists Yet Again

Now I really feel like a shmuck - even more than usual. Not to copy Swany, but I saw the update in the email and the news up here was reporting not to call people, but to text... Of course I didn't text did I? I figured it was much like Rita, and I'm a little jealous that everyone in Houston has an excuse for not going to work for half a week at least.

On a serious note - did your car make it OK?

K-Scratch and I got stuck in Fay a couple of weeks ago in Alabama, but we were able to get out after only one day delay.

Dutch said...

Okay, Scratch is off the list, especially considering the arrival of Scratch jr. (HOORAY!)

That just leaves Fandango, you reclusive punk.