Monday, September 15, 2008

Can You Tell Me What This Picture Is?

Did you guess a chocolate pig with pieces of bacon next to it? If so you got it right. As I have wandered through this world in the past few years my subconscious has this gravitational pull to all things Kool-Aid Gang.

Recently I had the luxury of eating at a friends house where we all brought our respective dishes and one couple took the easy way out on desert and just had chocolate bars they had purchased from somewhere. When it came time to satiate our taste buds one last time I reached for the chocolate bar that had the red chilies in it. But then my eye caught Mo's Bacon Bar by Vosges, and I immediately thought of all my friends that frequent here.

I must say that my thought before trying the bar was skepticism, but after trying it I was pleasantly surprised. It had small bits of bacon in the chocolate that added a nice texture. The bacon tasted good and so did the chocolate. I would rate it a 7 out of 10. The Red Fire Exotic bar was the winner for me though coming in at 8 out of 10. Spicy chocolate has been a long favorite of mine so the comparison was probably unfair and you should take that into account when considering trying this lovely dessert. I don't know where they bought them but I know you can order them online. Try it out.

1 comment:

Swany said...

Nice to know that of all the sights and smells in the world, it's bacon that makes you think of us here at the Gang.