Sunday, June 15, 2008

What the frak?!

Just finished watching the final show of Battlestar Galactica before the long dreaded break (no new shows till 2009 to see the final conclusion of this series? You've got to be fraking kidding me!), and realized I haven't blogged a thing about the show this whole season.

Overall, I think it's been a bit hit and miss. A lot was devoted to the four characters revealed to be part of the final five Cylons, which I thought would lead to more compelling stories. Unfortunately, I find Tory annoying and Anders a bit boring. All the infighting in the Cylon fleet seemed to drag on. And Baltar's ascendence as some sort of Jesus figure was also something I hoped would be more interesting than it turned out to be. Instead, he seemed to appear more like the leader of a polygamist cult, which I guess shouldn't surprise anyone given the Mormon undertones of the original Battlestar Galactica series.

The relationship between Admiral Adama and Laura Roslin has played out slowly, but finally came to its satisfying conclusion this season. Adama sitting out in the middle of space all by his lonesome in a Raptor, Laura finally professing her love to him--I think I might have cried a little myself. And then they finished up this half of the season with a cliffhanger that really leaves you going, "Wha?!"

I have yet to convince Lemon to watch this show, which I think is a real shame. She still can't get over the fact that it's science fiction, even though the best parts of this show are the ones that probably have nothing to do with sci-fi and everything to do with character development and relationships. Oh well. At least I've got her saying "Frak!" all the time.

2 comments:

Dutch said...

Don't tell me too much, I missed the one on Friday.

Swany said...

Well, that last one on Friday was a doozy. And the last one till 2009! Frak me!