Saturday, June 14, 2008

Do you get extra points or less if the pedestrian is chubby?

I don't think I've ever seen Death Race 2000 with David Carradine and Sylvester Stallone, but it's nice to look back and see what people actually thought life might be like in the year 2000 if their worst fears came true.



A remake of this film called simply Death Race is set to come out in August. On the plus side, it stars Jason Statham, who's usually a lock for movies that are preposterous and mindless, but still entertaining in a "It's late, I just ordered some pizza, and I've got one his DVD's to watch" kind of situation. Add to this, it sort of reminds me of Car Wars. On the super-negative side, Paul W.S. Anderson directs--given how steaming his piles of crap are, I'm always amazed he managed to charm Milla Jovavich to be by his side.

No comments: