Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chuck Norris vs. The Blendtec

Last year I ended up taking the plunge and buying a really nice blender at Costco. I remember Firecracker talking about being excited about getting a really nice vacuum cleaner. Well my excitement about my Vitamix was on par with that, and it has not disappointed. We have had it for about a year now, and it has made some sweet stuff in that time (you can make ice cream in 30 seconds or soup in 4 minutes).

Because it was such a quality purchase I was surprised to see a different blender being sold this year. It was the Blendtec blender, and it's demonstration was on a video. There is nothing quite so intriguing as seeing a guy blend two golf balls into dust to get me to stop. I am still not convinced that this is a better blender than what I have, but the videos are impressive. There is a whole series of Youtube videos that show the blender blending everything from rakes to hockey pucks. You should watch a couple of those just to get the full effect of the following video, but even if you don't you will still enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...love me some good ice cold hockey puck! Mix it with rake and you've got two whole seasons in a yummy liquid delicious cup.