Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hey Wait... that's not how you're supposed to cook a turkey?



Alternative title: How I plan to injure myself, my lawn, my house, and my neighbors this weekend.

Earlier this year after bringing home some Maine lobsters from one of my work trips, I realized that I didn't have a pot big enough to boil them in. No problem... I got a turkey fryer to cook those delicious suckers. Now, Thanksgiving has rolled around and I am excited to attempt a turkey fry.

Hot, hot oil. Check.
12 lb ball of meat. Check.
Couple of beers. Check.

Emergency room, distinct possibility. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

2 comments:

Dutch said...

Just go easy on the beers until after you fry the turkey, and you should be okay.

And for you that probably means six or seven...

...dozen.

Anonymous said...

I fried a turkey last year with my brother in law and it turned out pretty good. There was also beer drinking and popping hot oil. So it's not so much the fire that you should be worried about but grease burns on the skin.

Wear big gloves and some overalls and you will be safe. Plus the overalls typically have great pockets to hold beer.