Sunday, November 11, 2007

Daaaaaaaamn, Jamaal...

(Photo: AP/Eric Gay)

If I ever said bad things about Jamaal Charles, I may take them back (or I'll have to thank the trainer on the sideline putting Super Glue on his gloves). 290 yards against Nebraska, 180 against OSU--quite impressive. Then the 174 yards he ran up on Tech yesterday. Not exactly defensive powerhouses, but still, only one minor flub with the ball this weekend helping to a 59-43 win over the Red Raiders and their cry-baby coach.

And what's up with Colt McCoy? If I looked at the stats alone for the last three games, I'd guess Vince Young was back playing for the Horns with all the rushing yards he's accumulating (55, 106, and 51 yards over the past three games).

This is one wacky season. The only unbeatens are Kansas and Hawaii? Notre Dame has only had one win all year? I'm almost tempted to predict Air Force will be the break out team next season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't bet on Air Force as a break out team next year. There was a couple of seasons they had while I was in Denver where I thought the same thing, but it never happened.

Wait on this one though ................ I think Kansas should be top two. They are unbeaten in a conference that is typically top three in the country. The big showdown will be in a couple of weeks vs Missouri. That will be an exciting game. I can't say the same for Hawaii because of their conference though.

I never would have thought we would have had a chance to go 10 and 2. Before the season I had us at 9 and 3. I hope I am wrong.

Swany said...

Yeah, it's weird. Early in the season when Texas was just getting by some mediocre teams, and Oklahoma had that fluke of a loss to Colorado, all the sports talk shows were going on and on about how the Big 12 was overrated. Now they have three teams in the top 5 of the BCS? And all three with superstar quarterbacks? Craaaaaazy!