Sunday, September 30, 2007

Any Wes Anderson fans out there?

I don't know if anyone is a big fan of Wes Anderson's work (Rushmore, The Royal Tennenbaums, The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou), but his short film that acts as sort of a prequel to his new movie The Dajarleeng Limited is available on iTunes for free. I downloaded last night via a superslow EDGE connection and Bluetooth via some trickery with my Crackberry while I slept (yes, it took THAT long).

Kind of quirky stuff, but interesting in a New Wave French kind of way. I thought the end was rather funny ("Would you like to see my view of Paris?"). And maybe just a little NSFW because Natalie Portman takes her clothes off.

Anywho, probably wouldn't take but a few minutes to download with a high speed connection. Give it a look.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is listed as Hotel Chevalier on iTunes if anyone else is interested in the download.

Dutch said...

Well, I really want to see Natalie Portman naked, but I don't really know how to work the itunes thing.

Swany said...

Can't believe I forgot to list the actual title. Thanks, Willie.

Blogging via phone makes me sloppy.

Anonymous said...

iTunes is a cake walk. Just download it like it is a music player. It is pretty self explanatory from there.

Anonymous said...

okay ... so I watched it, and as with all of his movies it just seemed to go right by me. All of his stuff seems to miss me.

Swany said...

WOOHOO! I had no idea there was free wi-fi by the pool.

It's more about mood and character development than plot with his stuff.

And I threw in the mention that Natalie Portman gets naked (although she keeps her naughty bits strategically covered up) strictly for Firecracker George. I know he doesn't use iTunes for his downloaded music, but I thought that might motivate him a little.