Monday, July 31, 2006

They may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom... I posted bail.

Mel, Mel, Mel. What can say, other than Siege Heil!? I never really understood anti-Semitism, other than the Jewish habit of cloisterism makes them easy targets: it's easy to fabricate whatever you want about people if they always keep to themselves and never really let themselves be known to you.
I guess my opinion on Gibson's guilt or innocence is obvious. Apparently it comes from his dad. Hutton Gibson was quoted as saying something about the Holocaust being mostly fabricated. Mel responded saying that he wouldn't speak against his dad. Saying that you don't share the same view isn't speaking against someone, at least in my opinion. When accused of anti-Semitism during the release of The Passion of The Christ, Mel responded with something like, I'm not anti-Semitic because that's a sin. (And Lord knows that Gibson doesn't sin.) Wow, nothing about not being anti-semitic because Jews are people deserving respect like anyone else. Once again, modern religion based solely on Logos and devoid of Eros.

Man, I need to find that quote in the Old Testament about how one follows the letter of the law until he is mature enough to follow the spirit of the law.

1 comment:

Swany said...

Aaah, good old alcohol always brings the truth out. Actually, I think the next Presidential debate should take place after the candidates have downed a few shots of Wild Turkey--then we'll really know what they think!