Friday, July 28, 2006

Gay...like happy

I was in Chicago last weekend with my mother-in-law, and it just so happened that the last day of the Gay Games were in town. I'm not sure my mother-in-law initially understood what this festival was when we happend to pass by the official Gay Games souvenir store after eating lunch.

She saw the sign on the door, thought about it for a minute, then asked, "That means gay, like happy, right?"

My wife replied, "No, that means gay...like, gay."

"Oh," says my mother-in-law. She then proceeded to walk to the door. "Well let's go in and check it out. I want to see what gay games look like," thinking this was some sort of homosexual game store selling gay-oriented boardgames, I guess. Unfortunately, they were closed, but a lesbian couple on the corner watching this whole conversation seemed to get a chuckle.

No comments: