Sunday, October 21, 2007

Dumbledore is gay? Who knew?

Not that I've yet to actually read a Harry Potter book, but it looks like J.K. Rowling outed Hogwarts headmaster Dumbledore.

'Yeah, that's how I always saw Dumbledore. In fact, recently I was in a script read-through for the sixth film, and they had Dumbledore saying a line to Harry early in the script saying, "I knew a girl once, whose hair..." I had to write a little note in the margin and slide it along to the scriptwriter, "Dumbledore's gay!"'

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Rowling would start revealing a bit more juicy controversial detail to her books that might be subtly written in between the lines now that she's done with the series. And here I was just making up a story about Hermione doing a little university"experimenting" after graduating, if you know what I mean. Hehehe. OK, that was a bit juvenile.

No comments: