Saturday, October 6, 2007

At Least I have Fallback

Most of you know I am a pretty big football fan. This use to lead to some significant mood swings on Saturdays and Sundays. The mood swings are mostly long gone, but they still remain for rivalry games like today's Red River Shootout. I will say though that last weeks loss could actually make a loss today much more bearable. I am pleased that we are walking into this game ranked where we are and being the underdog. It helps to ground my expectations and keep my emotions from swinging to far to the negative.

I do have a bright side this season - the Cowboys. I would always look to the Cowboys to ease my pain after a Longhorn loss, which worked well and often during the Mackovic era. It might work well this season too.

3 comments:

Swany said...

Oh my. That was painful to listen to. Really. Painful.

I'm with you on the Cowboys being a nice analgesic to treat the pain of watching the Longhorns. I'm not sure it helps with the pain of listening to that guy warble on that video, though.

"Now your balls reach the tight eeeeeeeeend..."

Swany said...

You know, if you read that lyric I quoted by itself out of context, that could be really nasty.

Anonymous said...

Taken out of context it definitely has some strong sexual overtones with some mild homosexuality overtones. It wouldn't have any homosexual overtones if it were the slot receiver. hehehe