Friday, August 3, 2007

Deleted Scenes

When DVD's first came out I was a big fan of all the extras. I would watch all the deleted scenes from any movie I rented. Now, though, I only watch the extras on the shows I extremely like. On the shows that are just entertaining I typically pass on the extras and head for the bed.

There was a movie I watched a few years back that was worthy of deleted scene watching - High Fidelity. I was shocked that one particular scene didn't make it into the movie because I found it to be the funniest scene. If it were in the movie it would take place at the end of the movie where Rob (John Cusack) is talking about his wedding and having a band come play. Barry (Jack Black) wants his band to play the wedding, but Rob doesn't think it would be a good idea. Here it is for your viewing pleasure.

2 comments:

Swany said...

That was a great movie, although I can't remember if I ever spent the time to watch the deleted scenes. You can always count on John Cusack to make a good romantic comedy even guys can like. Having Jack Black (in his early days before his act started to just get annoying) didn't hurt, either.

I've never gotten around to reading the book High Fidelity was based on, or any other Nick Hornsby books for that matter. Has anyone else?

Anonymous said...

You don't like Jack Black's acting now? Granted, Nacho Libre was mediocre at best, but the dude is still hilarious.