Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's around 1:30 PM on a Sunday, and guess what?


To think I was expecting this to be sort of a rebuilding year for the 'Horns.  The legend of Colt McCoy will undoubtedly grow after yesterday's win over OU, but I was encouraged to see everyone on the UT squad step-up their game.  That was a pretty impressive team effort.  Who knows how the rest of the season will go--based on the upset win by Oklahoma State over Mizzou last night, it looks like the Big 12 may just beat each other up and right out of a place in the national championship game.  


But lets not think about the future, for now, and savor what was yesterday's awesome Red River Shootout! Hook 'em!

Addendum:  You know, this was almost turning out to be a great weekend.  Texas won and was vaulted into the top spot in the latest college football polls, I saw a relatively good movie (Body of Lies), I filled up on Costco gas at only $2.83/gallon, I had a really good waffle for brunch today.  Then the Cowboys lost...to Ari-freakin'-zona!  And then I had to watch the video from the post above.  Dammit!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The oklahoma land stealers lose! Wahoo! I love it.

The only way the Big 12 doesn't have a team in the National Championship game is if everyone has at least two losses.

You video above gets your blood boiling! Well everytime I hear Mark May talk about USC my blood gets boiling. They have no place near the championship game.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.