Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I miss the days when MTV actually showed music on TV...

Back in the day when I was kid that watched endless hours of TV yet had no cable to feed my addiction, I had to resort to watching Friday Night Videos on NBC to keep up with the latest and greatest music videos of the moment. This meant I probably missed seeing a video every so oftent and maybe that's why I never realized that Toto was kind of a dorky looking band. Anywho, now MTV MUSIC has posted a number of classics and new releases on the Internet so I can catch up with all the cheesy 80's videos I missed.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did anyone look cool in the 80's?

Swany said...

INXS.

Anonymous said...

True, I guess you could throw in U2 as well.

Dutch said...

I think the keyboard player is the worst offender. The hair and Tootsie glasses make him look gender ambiguous, and the green sweatshirt makes him look like he just came in from raking leaves. While gender ambiguity is pretty rock n' roll, looking like a nerdy hermaphrodite working for a lawn service isn't.