Thursday, July 17, 2008

A test of your willpower...

The official trailer for the upcoming film adaptation of Watchmen is set to premiere before The Dark Knight tonight. Considering every showing is sold out at the local IMAX theater for the entire weekend already, I'm wondering how easy it's going to be to even see it in a regular theater in the next couple of days. So, if you're faced with the same (or stuck at home with little kiddos to watch), enjoy the Watchmen trailer already leaked out onto the internet:



Addendum: Damn, those YouTube monitors are fast! Just as soon as I posted this, the video was pulled off. Oh well. I tried. It was rather awesome, though--be prepared to pee in your pants.


Addendum, Part 2: Ooh! Ooh! Gizmodo has it up on their site.

3 comments:

Wander said...

http://watchmenmovie.warnerbros.com/

I can't even express in words how perfect this movie looks compared to the source material. The trailer actually gave me goose bumps.

Dutch said...

I appreciate the heads up, as I took the necessary precautions and put a Poise pad in my drawers.

However, you neglected to tell me that the theme music was by Billy Corgan and/or Smashing Pumpkins, and now I've shat myself. Had I known that, I would have gone for the full diaper.

How perfect does this movie look? I nearly squealed when I saw Dr. Manhattan. Back in the day when I dreamt of a movie version, I thought, "Man, how will they do Dr. Manahattan? Strip a guy naked and paint him blue?" He actually looks better on film than in the comic! He's translucent and luminescient! He's friggin' beautiful!

Rorsach looks (and sounds) awesome, The Comedian looks awesome, Nite Owl will get flak for being a Batman rip off, but oh well. The owl ship looks totally awesome. I ever thought Ozymandias was well done.

I'm betting that this will be the best comic movie ever made.

And back to the theme song! OH, it sounds wicked! I never really considered it, but in my mind the two go together like one of those old Reese's commercials! The themes of bleakness with rays of hope? That's both of them!

And best of all, it looks like the movie is not going to try and "modernize" the story. I'm betting (and hoping) that the story takes place in 1985, when Dick Nixon is still president and we won the war in Vietnam.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Swany said...

I'm sure the Smashing Pumpkins are much more pleased with the fact that their song is now linked to what seems to be a quality movie rather than the stinker they originally wrote it for, Batman and Robin. Just goes to show you that beautiful things can arise from crap.