Thursday, April 17, 2008

Even the Cookie Monster may be diagnosed with an eating disorder...

Here's a hilarious introspective essay from McSweeney's written by my hero--the Cookie Monster! Here's a small excerpt:

Me love cookies. Me tend to get out of control when me see cookies. Me know it not natural to react so strongly to cookies, but me have weakness. Me know me do wrong. Me know it isn't normal. Me see disapproving looks. Me see stares. Me hurt inside.

When me get back to apartment, after cookie binge, me can't stand looking in mirror—fur matted with chocolate-chip smears and infested with crumbs. Me try but me never able to wash all of them out. Me don't think me is monster. Me just furry blue person who love cookies too much. Me no ask for it. Me just born that way.
And to end, a song that will be stuck in your head all day long, but isn't all that bad:

1 comment:

Wander said...

I heard the monster back up choir went on to put out an album of thier own, but Grovers ego and growing drug problems split them up a few year later.
I may be thinking of the Happy Mondays though. Shaun Ryder always looked a little like Grover to me.