Thursday, January 22, 2009

It seems others are interested in fancy toilets too!

Catching a blip on cnbc.com today made me curious. It seems that the former Merrill CEO, Thain, was ousted by Bank of America today. There aren't any reasons I know of that have been directly stated but it seems that he was a pretty extravagant spender. It has only been about a month since his firm was taken over by BofA and he decided to spend $1.22 million on his new office. After reading through the list of improvements I was struck with one line item. A commode on legs costing $35,115. I decided to find out what could be so nice about a commode on legs and a quick google search revealed the following option.

Its price tag was much lower than what Thain spent though. I can hear Firecracker George saying, "It better reach up and give you a massage for that price." Of course, I believe it might come out a little less polite than that.

1 comment:

Dutch said...

For $35k it would have to do more than give you a handy.