Monday, November 24, 2008

Be careful what you wish for...

As every Texas fan Saturday night, I made a deal with the devil and wished for a Sooner win over the Red Raiders.  Alas, as I washed my mouth out with soap the following day, I find the aftermath that the Sooners brought forth with their total domination of Texas Tech.  OU leapfrogs over Texas in both the AP, Harris, and Coaches' polls, and only a hair under Texas in the BCS rankings? With just one week left, there's only a thin shred of hope that the Longhorns will come out on top of the Big 12 South in hopes of competing for what should be a BCS National Championship berth.   I don't have confidence that even Mack Brown could lobby the voters to get Texas back on top, and I fear the devil would own my soul if I asked for too much, such as both Tech and Oklahoma losing next week.  But maybe just Tech?  


Man, to think that the destiny of this years UT football squad could have been determined on one touchdown score at the last second of a game.  I just may be crying by the end of this season--I'm just not sure if it'll be tears of loss or tears of joy.

No comments: