Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A little late to the party...

During my recent trip to Los Angeles, I skipped the FM radio and kept the tunes streaming in from the satellite via Sirius XM U. Phoenix, which Firecracker George posted about awhile back got some pretty heavy play, as did plenty of other slightly less mainstream bands including this group, Animal Collective. I downloaded the rest of the album, Merriweather Post Pavilion, at it's got some pretty awesome tracks that incorporate that synthesized wall of sound rave-like kind of atmosphere. Kind of interesting to me that we're getting back to that 80's style of processed electronica after a decade or so of acoustic, "unplugged" music in the 90's.

Anywho, give this album a listen if you get the chance. Apparently, it's already been out for a few months. By the time I catch up with all these new bands, the pendulum will swing back to bare folk music. I am so not hip.



No comments: