Saturday, May 3, 2008

Lucky for the kid he didn't have lunch with a crappy baseball team like the Rangers...

They always use this situation in the movies, but I don't recall seeing it much in real life.

Miguel Tejada of the Houston Astros was so touched by an 8 year old boy he met with muscular dystrophy, he promised him a home run.  And sure enough, he delivered. Not to be outdone, the following two batters did the same.  In total, the Astros hit five homers last night against Milwaukee to beat them 7-4.  From ESPN:
"I was so excited," said Tejada, who'd never promised a home run before. "I know it's hard to tell someone you'll hit a home run and do it. But today when I went to lunch with this kid I wanted him to be happy. So I told him I'd do it."
How awesome does that kid feel right now?

No comments: