Monday, March 24, 2008

I wonder if they'll actually show his face...

Considering the director is responsible for some major pieces of cinematic crap like The Mummy and Van Helsing, I'm not holding my breath that G.I. Joe coming out in 2009 will be a great movie. Still, this promotional picture release from Paramount Pictures looks kind of promising, and I like some of the people they've assembled for the cast.

I'm sure a climactic ninja battle between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow must be in the script. As long as they don't mess that up, they can throw in all the Yo Joe Cola they want into the movie. Heck, even the inclusion of Zartan as a villain might not spoil the fun for me.

6 comments:

Dutch said...

Yep, nothing says stealth like a squeaky rubber suit and a shiny chrome finish on all of your weapons.

At least they got his ninja clan icon right (the red lines). Those are two symbols from the Chinese Bagua. The top three lines are Kan, which is water, Autumn, West, void, and the moon. The bottom three are Li, which is fire, Spring, East, radiance, and the sun.

There are also other meanings associated with personality type and birth order, but I don't know what they mean or are.

As for what it means, West over East? Moon over Sun? Or maybe they just thought it looked cool.

As for the movie itself, I bet that it will stink like a Sumo Wrestler taking a dump on a burning tire.

Swany said...

Eh. A ninja (Storm Shadow) prowling around in the night wearing a pristine white uniform never seemed all that smart either. It's a movie based on a toy line--I'm not expecting super-realism here.

Wander said...

If I don't see every plane shot down have a pilot parachuting out to safety and every Cobra soldier running away in fear to fight another day then they truly have not lived up to the standards set by the original cartoon.

Swany said...

Amen, brother.

"And knowing is half the battle."

Anonymous said...

I think the "rubber" suit could be one of those new body armor suits. The kind that is a thin layer of liquid that when impacted by a bullet turns rock hard on impact thus impeding the bullet and not even bruising the person wearing it.

Darth Maul as Snake Eyes is somewhat interesting.

Dutch said...

Yeah, Ray Parks will work as Snake Eyes because he has the physical skill (he's a Wu Shu master) and because Snake Eyes doesn't talk - no Cockney accent to dub over like they did with Maul.

You know W2, that's a really good point about the body armor. I saw that show, too.