Sunday, February 1, 2009

Yo Joe! I guess there's no way to say that and feel cool...

My 11 year old nostalgic brain that had no sense of realism or physics is liking this trailer of the new G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra movie scheduled for release in August 2009. My 35 year old brain is thinking this is the biggest waste of a potentially lucrative film idea since Highlander II: The Quickening. Looking back on my old posts, I reminded myself that I owe everyone here in the Kool-Aid Gang a round of beers if this movie truly becomes the stinker film of the year.  I guess I may try saving up the money now.  Note the way both of the film titles above are worded--the need for colons in titles is never a reassuring sign of quality.  It's not the sure sign of a bad movie (e.g. Terminator 2: Judgement Day was, in some respects, a better film than Terminator), but G.I. Joe is already breaking out one for the first movie.  Uh oh.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks sweet. But that is also coming from the guy who liked AVPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem. Heck that title not only has a colon but a dash too.

Swany said...

Well, I'm sure you're obligated to like the movie since you're in it.

Dutch said...

True that, he get to be Duke.