Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm hoping Nintendo will sponsor a team and call their car the Super Mario Kart...

I was interested to read about this rumor that there may be an American F1 racing team in the works. I won't rehash my frustrations about the stereotypical American race car fan and his odd love of NASCAR, but I'm hoping having an American team in Formula One will perk up domestic interests in the superior racing league. 


I'm surprised more people don't flock to Formula One anyway with the popularity of video games these days.  After all, F1 cars seem to be taking cues from games like Super Mario Kart.  Take this video from the Red Bull F1 team showcasing the new technology in their 2009 Renault-built RB5 that includes a nifty regenerative braking system to store up electrical power that can be used for an extra six second boost of speed.  So the thing essentially has turbo boost at the drop of a button.  TURBO BOOST!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like everything except the narrow wing in the back. It just looks bad, but maybe it's because I am not used to it. The braking thing is pretty cool. You get a whole 80+hp out of it. Heck if we had that on my wife's car we could get extra boosts all the time.

Fandango6 said...

F1 starts in March again. it looks like all the Constructors will have this. Ferrari had some issues last week in Spain during practice runs. Kimi was still able to run the fatest lap time though, even with the bugs in the system.

Let's go carting....